ASSIST Submission System Now Open for NIH’s Training and Career Programs
On July 20, 2015, NIH announces the immediate availability of ASSIST as a submission option for NIH’s Institutional Training and Career Development applications (Ts and K12), other training applications (Ds) and additional research applications. ASSIST is NIH’s on-line system for the preparation, submission and tracking of grant applications through Grants.gov to NIH.
ASSIST support is now available for the following programs:
- All multi-project grant programs (May 2013: NOT-OD-13-075)
- Small Research Grant (R03) and Exploratory/Developmental Grant (R21) programs (January 2015: NOT-OD-15-062)
- Research Grant (R01), Research Project Cooperative Agreements and Individual Career Development Award (K, excluding K12) programs (April 2015: NOT-OD-15-098, NOT-OD-15-099)
- Institutional Training and Career Development programs (Ts and K12), other training programs (Ds), and additional research applications (DP7, R13, R15, R18, R21/R33, R24, R25, R33, R34, R35, R36, R61/R33, RF1, RM1, SI2/R00, U13, U18, U24, U2R, U34, UA5, UF1, UG3/UH3, UH1, UH2, UH2/UH3, UH3, UH4, UM1)
Use of ASSIST is optional; Grants.gov downloadable forms and institutional system-to-system solutions remain viable alternatives for application preparation and submission to NIH (learn more about options).
ASSIST provides users:
- Secure web-based data entry
- Collaboration of multiple users
- Pre-submission validation of many NIH and Grants.gov business rules
- Pre-population of data from eRA Commons profiles
- Pre-submission print/preview of application in NIH format
- Submission status tracking for both Grants.gov and eRA Commons within a single system
- Ability to import subaward budget data from external sources
- Ability to copy application data (excluding attachments) from a previously prepared application
Funding opportunity announcements posted in the NIH Guide for Grants & Contracts that allow ASSIST as an option contain an “Apply Online Using ASSIST” button in addition to the “Apply Using Downloadable Forms” button.
The following resources are available to help applicants prepare their applications using ASSIST:
- Getting Started: Preparing Your Single-project Application Using ASSIST
- ASSIST Online Help System
- ASSIST User Guide
Posted on July 24, 2015, in Certified Research Administrator Credentials/Exams. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.